We Got Wood

Literally.


This is two face cord.  Which is technical country-speak for two stacks of wood that are each 4 feet tall, 8 feet long, and about 16 inches (one log) deep.  (A full cord is the same height and length, but is 4 feet deep.)  In essence, a measure of volume.

It's funny how two seemingly smallish stacks of wood can make one giant pile.  You might recall when we got four face cord back in September - it seemed like we were stacking that for a week!  This particular pile got covered, since it was a rainy and muddy mess yesterday, and Oogyhubby was determined to stack a bunch of it last evening whilst I completed the next 1/11 of the CWA (Who got the better deal there?  I did offer to help him, but there's surprisingly limited space in there, and he's very particular about how his wood is stacked).  I realize this isn't very green of us, but we need to burn wood or oil in our boiler to make heat and hot water.  We try to compensate for this by ensuring that our woods and lawn/field remain viable and also support a good mix of wildlife.

Yesterday I completed the third set of socks-to-mitts:


Unless I'm tripping over nails, I tend to wear my socks out at the backs of the heels.  I wore the crap out of this pair, and in some parts there was barely a whisper holding things together.  I loved the color, fit, and feel of these, and am considering keeping them for myself!

This leaves me with only one more pair of socks to convert!  But I also identified another small project that should go along with this February Gift mitts initiative:


Neuro made these beauties for me a kazillion years ago, and they're awesome.  Although the places where the base of the thumbs meet the hands are barely hanging on by a thread and so need some reinforcement.  It's a small mending job, but these are otherwise holding up awesomely.

I started the next pair of Comfy Gusset mitts as well, and am considering making them fingerless; here is the first one so far:


(I've also got quite the color theme going with today's posting!!!)

You might notice that the CWA is happily posing behind the items in the last two pics.  It is really starting to look finished now, although I still have 5/11 remaining of Phase III.

Work continues on the latest version of Scrappy Cowl, and I do believe that the emergency yarn for the latest Goat Hat is arriving today.

Other than a couple of deer wandering around in the woods yesterday, things have been fairly quiet wildlife-wise.  We're getting big wind and some snow today, so I expect everyone will be lying low for a while!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I thought those mitts looked familiar!
I do like the color scheme of today's post.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows