A Study in Contrasts

I hope this Sunday finds you well!  We're good here.

I ended up thinking that this weekend is a good study in contrasts.  What got me started was casting on for the Buttonhole Bag with the leftover slipper yarn.  The needles are "only" size 11s, but they felt like baseball bats in my hands after all the smaller-needle knitting I've been doing lately.  They also look ridiculous next to the Karbonz:


This pic is a little dark, but what these items seem to have in common is their color - at least so far!  Those are the Squircles on the right there, and you can see that I've started on the off-shoot garter tab thingey that will become the basis for their unique gusset.  They're going to change color soon, and the Buttonhole will have a purple body, so everyone will have their chance to stand out in their own way!

(As a complete aside, when I jumped over to Ravelry to get the links for the above patterns, I noticed that our friend, Casapinka, has a new pattern that is at the top of the "Hot Right Now" list, with over 4,000 views!  It's a shawl, and it looks lovely.  It had something to do with a local yarn store event that was supposed to happen yesterday but got canceled, but you can still get the pattern and also get yarn from your stash or LYS to make this lovely thing.)

(I also just saw an ad for a pattern that gave me a couple of great ideas.  Check this out - it would pair well with the Squircles, another unique design!)

Another example of contrasts is this weekend's weather - which was totally predicted, so it's not a surprise, just fun to observe.  Yesterday was glorious - bright sun, high 50s or low 60s, slight breeze.  Oogyhubby went wild and mowed the non-squishy part of the lawn (the rest is a swamp!).  I was doing some work but opened my window so I could hear the red-winged blackbirds even better.

Today is much cooler - mid 40s - and rainy.  But the birds are still singing their asses off.  I can still hear cardinals, robins, and the RWBs through my closed window.  There are groups of smaller birds (probably sparrows and/or starlings) who are very excited about the shorter parts of the lawn and are hopping all over the place - I wish they'd eat the dandelions as well as the bugs!  Oogyhubby and I are both working today so no more outdoor excitement for us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows