April Socks!!

Hello on this Tuesday!  I hope this finds you safe and well.  We're good here.

I'm pleased to report that the April Gift pattern was released this morning, and it's socks!!!!!!!

Well then!

I just happen to have a sock proto-project all ready to go:


This is a super special one.  Remember Squircle, that awesome yarn that Neuro dyed for me??  The Karbonz needles jumped right on it, and I'd put it all in one of my cannibal yarn bags, but I hadn't gotten any further than that.  That's going to change!  Onward!!

(I think Neuro had been working on a pair of Squircles as well!)

I don't have any additional knitting content to report today.  Let's just say that I'm working on a surprise project at the moment ;)  I do need to start casting on for some of these other things, so I'll have something to show you in the coming days!

OK, so about my adventure to "the outside world" yesterday -

The couture face mask made its maiden voyage.  It wasn't too bad - except it kept fogging up my glasses!  I would have worn my contacts, but then I'd have had to use my readers to see what was going on up close, and that would have involved a lot more face touching.  Instead, I peeked out from under my glasses and just above the face mask so I could read the labels and things.  I felt like an owl,  having to move my head around in order to peer at things, LOL.

Strangely, it looked like there had been a mad run on chicken breasts over the weekend - the shelves were bare, except for the pre-packaged, marinated ones (I ended up getting one of those for the chicken quesadilla recipe we'd chosen for dinner, they worked great).  I asked the (also masked) guy at the meat counter what was going on - he basically said there had been a run on them (chicken run - LOL), and that he wasn't expecting any in that day either!  Yikes.  There were plenty of thighs, though, so no need to panic about completely running out of chicken.

There was another cheese shortage this week.  I resisted getting another 5-pound bag of something shredded, but I was able to cobble together a couple of things that would work as alternates (again for the quesadillas).

Then I arrived in the paper goods section.  And I froze.  There were paper towels - lots of them!  Multi-packs!!  AND - so many different kinds of toilet paper that I got confused!  Which one should I get??  We're allowed only one, so I had to choose wisely!  We should be all set for a while now in this regard.

It's a blustery day today; I've got a Brazilian black bean and pork chili in the crockpot, and some of that tasty cornbread on deck for dinner tonight.  That's probably the extent of the wildlife around here today!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
How convenient--I am currently working on a pair of those socks!
I can't wait to see how yours turn out.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows