Yes, But Is It Egg-Worthy?

I hope this finds you all safe and well - we're still good here :)

I was hoping that my visit to Wegmans yesterday would yield some fun stories.  It did not disappoint!

A lot of new signs and floor diagrams have appeared since last week, all helping me to measure a 6-foot (or, in Florida, one alligator) distance - along the shelves, along the major aisles, etc.  There were already lines and boxes to help with the spacing at the registers and deli counter.  The store is still crazy clean, and the shelves are mostly very well stocked.  Wegmans continues to rock it!

Rationing continues - and it's working.  I know this, because there is enough milk, pasta, eggs, and toilet paper (still bilingual!) for me to choose from.  (Still no paper towels, though - but there were napkins!)

The biggest weird thing this week:  there is no cheese.  I don't think cheese was on the ration list (perhaps they should add it??).  Well - all that was left were 5-pound bags of shredded mozzarella.  So I picked one up - that should be fun!  (Firm tofu needs to be on that list as well - evidently the vegetarians are hoarders too!!)

I also got another bilingual product - this time, a box of brownie mix that was in both English and Spanish (the Spanish word for "tablespoon" is "cucharada", which is right next to "cucaracha" in my language cortex, so I did a double-take every time I checked the directions!  Stir in three cockroaches, LOL!).  Brownie mixes aren't rationed, either, and the pickings were very slim.

When I got home and shared the news about the brownie mix acquisition, Oogyhubby raised the most important question of these times - do we want to use our limited eggs to make brownies?  

It was our first "Is it egg-worthy?" discussion.  You gotta love Seinfeld, even 25 years later!  (We ultimately decided to go ahead with the brownies.)

These are all first-world problems, of course.  We have plenty of food, water, and shelter (and shredded mozzarella, LOL).

However, it seems like people are getting crankier - what started out as a last-minute "stay-cation" has now become an endless, frustrating imprisonment.  Just what the virus was hoping for - decreased tolerance as it approaches its (hopefully first and only) peak!  

Obligatory knitting content:  I continue my fascination with Presto Cowlo, and am quickly approaching the 80% complete mark:


(I agree, Neuro - this yarn/bead combo is rustic yet lovely!)  I would never have chosen to make this on my own, but I'm so glad for the experience.  I can't wait to see what it will look like once it's blocked!!  

In wildlife news - the robins are singing their lungs out this morning!  I also happened to glimpse two bunny rabbits running around one of our flower/bush clumps along the driveway.  We'll have one more day of warm and sun before it gets cooler and rainy for the rest of the week.  Such is Spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows