OK Then!

Hello, Tuesday!  I hope you're well; we're good here.

So there was a bit of an insurrection this morning, as the 40" Addis suddenly and unexpectedly overtook the entire Squircle and insisted on Magic Looping:


Fine.  The Karbonz are already plotting to overthrow the Addis, anyway, as soon as all of these gusset stitches have been worked!

I also spent some quality time with my M's Day gift yesterday, and am nearly done.  I'll hopefully have a pic to show you tomorrow!

I've had even more surprising and good news since I posted yesterday.  My article survived the peer review and has what I estimate to be about another hour's worth of work until going into formal editing.  So far, so good!

And, when it rains it pours (especially in the springtime!).  Two organizations that I thought had ghosted me contacted me yesterday.  One of them has a part-time transcription editing position; the orientation is on Thursday, so I can tell you more about that one soon.  I figure it's good to have specific editing experience as well as writing experience, so I'd like to at least try it out.

The other is for a volunteer editing/writing position with an investigative news agency.  They asked me for some additional information, so I'm not sure if anything more will come of it.  I also figure volunteer news experience is good too - especially if I can work in any STM content (No engineering for me!  The E in STEM stands for EEEEKK!).  More to come on that!

Lastly - this is completely different, but I like it when people close to me ask me to make them something.  This doesn't happen all that often, so I usually jump at the chance (remember the three pairs of socks last year?).  This morning, Oogyhubby asked if I would make him a face mask for mowing the lawn - something comfortable that can help to keep the grass and dust from flying into his nose.  It also needs to be somewhat manly.  Needless to say, I've got fabric swatches lined up for him to review later today.  I'll keep you posted on that project as well!

Ordinarily any of these things by itself would be nice, but all of these in the space of about a day is very encouraging.  Fingers crossed!

I don't have any wildlife news to report, but the day is still young!

Comments

Lisa said…
Exiting news to hear! Yeah! I could follow everything except what you are knitting :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows