A Big Day

Hello on this Monday!  I hope you are well; we're good here.

The Squircle pattern has been calling for using Magic Loop since the beginning, but I ignored that part until things got a little out of hand and the Karbonz had to send out their version of the Bat Signal:


There will be a bit of transition whilst we move from the DPNs to the circs - I'm going to try this on two circs rather than on one (I guess I'm really avoiding Magic Loop!).  I expect we'll return to DPNs once we get back to 64 stitches around, somewhere just past the ankle.

So today has been very exciting for me.  I made my weekly trek to Weggies this morning; I went a little earlier than my usual and the crowd was a bit sparser - so I may try to aim for this going forward.

It should probably come as no surprise that the chicken shortage continues.  I understand there are issues with the chicken supply, and that it will probably be some time before we see that start to ramp back up again.  So I got a bunch of dried beans and rice, and will be on the lookout for some good recipes for them, with the expectation that could be the new norm for a while.

There was bacon, however, and toilet paper - even the kind that I like to get! 

I was also able to get pretty much everything else on my list.

The other big deal today is that I've just submitted my first article for preliminary review!!  Since I'm new, another writer will give me feedback before it goes into the formal editing process.  I'm prepared to take it all apart and put it back together again, though - so hopefully it will be more productive than traumatic!

Speaking of which - I've learned so much during this process.  I've figured out how best to get and stay focused, what things to do to give my brain a break inbetween writing periods, and how to chunk things up into smaller pieces.  I'm also learning some technical stuff about internet marketing, which is great experience for me.  I'm looking forward to my next assignment - but not before I get some more knitting done!  I spent a good part of this weekend finishing up my article so my yarn production has definitely slowed down a bit.

In wildlife news - this morning I spied a lone deer grazing in the woods just outside my window.  There continue to be birds everywhere!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows