Beads Galore

Happy Weekend!  I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your weekend, even if the days are all starting to blur together!  We're still good here, even if we do need the occasional reminder about what day it is!

I spent most of my knitting time yesterday working on two projects; they are part of a club that I joined at the beginning of the year as a holiday gift to myself.  Doing so, when it's affordable, is a fun chance to try new things.  I think I needed some focused time to get going on the first one, and then I was off and running:


It needs some finishing before I show you the final product, but that shouldn't take too much longer.

For the second project - I always think I can wind a simple hank of yarn into a ball without using my umbrella swift; and, of course, they always end up getting tangled beyond belief.  Especially this yarn, which is a woolen-spun merino - it's very sticky.  So making the ball took way more time than I'd thought:


This is to be a beaded cowl, and I am going to cast on for it today.  I'm also going to defy the instructions about pre-stringing all those beads onto the yarn - I did a quick test and it appears that the crochet hook method will work just fine with knitting the beaded stitches instead of slipping them.  This is the same method I'm using for my BadAss MCP, and it's turning out great.

So, yes - there are beads everywhere these days, evidently!

(I should also change the name of the MCP to "My Corona".  That way, it could have its own theme song!)

(For those of you who, like me, are unfamiliar with Chris Mann, he is a former finalist from The Voice and is very talented.  Don't let the manic appearance of My Corona fool you into thinking he's a weirdo - check out his Thank U Frontline for something truly beautiful and meaningful.)

In wildlife news - A couple of deer have been grazing in the woods and at the edge of the field for the past couple of days.  I also just saw a bluebird, and don't remember seeing any last year - so maybe the houses that Oogydad set up for us are working!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows