Socks - Here We Go!

Guess what day it is???  I hope you're well; we're good here.

(Answer: Hummmmp Daaaaayyyy!!!!)

I continue to be obsessed with the secret project, but I did cast on for the first of the Squircles this morning:


Thankfully, Neuro told me which end of the ball to start with (center!).  I'll want to secure the rest of the ball with a sock or something before too much longer; otherwise, the whole thing will go all black hole on me, collapse on itself, and somehow eat large segments of yarn in the process. 

Last night's dinner was awesome, but there was a bit of an incident with the crockpot - all my fault.  This recipe absolutely filled it, and for some reason I thought that the laws of physics would be suspended during the cooking process.  It was no surprise, then, when we kept finding it bubbling over and sitting in a puddle.  I'll need to add a note on the recipe to hold back a cup of liquid until closer to the end of the cooking process, when the beans have soaked much of it up and the danger of going volcanic has diminished.

Our weather here continues to be strange and unseasonable.  You know what happens here when you mix cold temperatures and brisk winds out of the Northeast - lake effect snow!  Graupel!!  Dark clouds interspersed with sunshine!!  Very exciting, but not very friendly for beast or human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows