All Good Things

Happy Friday!  I hope you are well; we're good here :)

I realized yesterday that I've reached the unceremonious end of a couple of long-term projects, and that I should provide them with a proper conclusion here.

First is the latest pair of preemie mitts:


What makes these extra-special is the fabulous yarn that Neuro dyed a while ago.  She'd sent me this lovely little box full of squares from a sock blank she'd dyed, all lined up and ready to be turned into preemie mitts!  I tried to ration these as long as I could.  I may be able to squeeze out the ends for another pair, but I definitely don't have enough left for the ties.  These colors were so fun, and they really jazz up these little mitts!

The next is the last of the Only One spinning - I'd plied it but for some reason hadn't skeined and washed it:

As a reminder - Neuro had given me TWO POUNDS of lovely roving that she'd dyed in the colors within the Georgia O'Keeffe painting "Only One".  For a long time I was too nervous to spin something so lovely, and then it took me a while to spin through two pounds.  Now I'm contemplating all the things I can make with this yarn!!  Stay tuned!

In wildlife news - we had some super crazy weather yesterday - snow squalls punctuated by bright sunshine (or perhaps the other way around?).  And even a bit of graupel!  Things changed so quickly that at one point I saw a robin literally surfing on a branch, trying to keep its balance in the wind.  After a bit, it sort of shrugged and flew down to the ground where I'm sure it was much less of a challenge to maintain balance!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The plied yarn looks so beautiful. I can't wait to see what it gets to be next!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows