The House Gave Us A Violin

Happy Monday!  I hope this finds you well.  We're good here.

The other night I had just gotten into bed when Oogyhubby came in the room and told me that he'd just found a violin in the basement.

A what?  Where??  What does it look like??  Huh?

Yes, I was curious - but it was late and cold.  I did, however, check it out the next morning.


The poor thing - it's old, dry, dusty, and in need of significant repair and restoration.  And it looks like it's been repaired in the past as well.  The resin is fossilized, the bows are broken - well, you get the idea. 

You might ask - how is it that you just found a violin in your basement?  You've been in that house for more than a year now!

Well, let's just say that our move-in was a bit chaotic, made even more so by the seller not actually moving out of the basement until several weeks afterward (we got to be friends, so while it was abnormal and annoying, it worked out fine).  And it's a big basement.  With a lot of shelves.  And boxes.  And some house and boiler supplies that the seller left for us.  The violin was on a shelf in a corner.

I was telling Oogydad about this, and of course he got very excited.  "It could be worth something!!" he exclaimed.

(This is the same man who took apart one of the wall hangings at our cottage because he thought it might hold Ansel Adams photos.  They turned out to be just postcards.)

Oogydad lives in the hope of finding treasure and doesn't want us to throw it away because this could be The Big One.  So I told him that it's his violin from now on and that he'd better start preparing for his appearance on Antiques Roadshow!  I actually think he is super psyched about this.  I may have to mail it to him if this plague goes on for much longer.

Speaking of which - I took my couture mask on its maiden voyage to Weggies today.  I'll save that story for tomorrow, when I may actually have some knitting content for you as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows